Department of State slowdowns in China
- The U.S. State Department recently announced that consular operations at various consular posts in China, will be reduced because of operational impacts caused by the surge of COVID-19 infections” across the country.
- The U.S. Consulates General in Guangzhou, Shenyang and Wuhan will only be providing emergency consular services until further notice.
- Beginning Dec. 19, the Guangzhou Immigrant Visa until will be closed for regular visa services until further notice due to limited resources.
- The U.S. Embassy in Beijing and the U.S. Consulate General in Shanghai are only providing passport and emergency citizen services at this time.
- All routine visa services, with the exception of some previously scheduled at the Consulate General in Shanghai, are temporarily suspended; all regularly scheduled appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing and the other Consulates General have been canceled.
- Nonimmigrant visa applicants can reschedule their appointment for a later date by following the instructions on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-visaapply.asp
- Immigrant visa applicants should consult https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-unit-question/
for more information.
EXPECT DELAYS in China for the time being. We will update you as more information becomes available.