↑ Back to Top

FKA Sindell Law Offices, P.C.
Sign Up Now >>

J1 Visa

J-1 visas are issued to “exchange visitors” participating in an approved, work or study-based exchange program designed to promote the exchange of culture, knowledge, or skills, and for the purpose of teaching, conducting research, or to receive graduate education or training. 

The program must be approved by the U.S. Department of State.

While J-1 holders may receive employment authorization for work or training purposes, it must be directly related to their occupation or academic curriculum. 

The maximum length of stay is 18 months.