↑ Back to Top

FKA Sindell Law Offices, P.C.
Sign Up Now >>

H-2B Visa

The H-2B nonimmigrant work visa is for a temporary, non-agricultural worker coming to the U.S. to fill temporary needs for additional workers. 

There is an annual limit of 66,000 visas, and the maximum length of stay is 1 year, with the possibility to extend in one-year increments for a maximum period of 3 years. 

In order to be eligible for an H-2B visa, the U.S. employer must prove that the need for a foreign worker is temporary, and that there are no U.S. workers to fill the temporary position. 

Both skilled and unskilled workers are eligible for an H-2B visa, unlike the H-1B visa, which is specifically for those holding Bachelor’s Degrees or equivalent.